Vulnerable Persons

I am doing an Atmospheric course at the local arts centre. In order to do this and get paid I had to visit the local cop shop and pay $50 to have a back ground check done. Apparently if you teach the elderly or young children(vulnerable persons)
this now a requirement. I told the officer that I am over 60 and that I might well be a danger to myself. After nearly 40 years of teaching I needed a background check. The walk to the station was in a bad part of town. I really felt like I was in a strange land and that I might well be the only sane man on the street. There were people having parties with themselves, crazy eyes, running noses, swearing, smoking and shopping carts full of their lives. I guess it is wise to check out your teacher. The world has changed!

Comments

smokieclennell said…
No, I used Dennis Allen as a reference. t
art school drop out said…
"...people having parties with themselves, crazy eyes...and shopping carts full of their lives"...sounds like art school to me.

Popular Posts