Name dropping

I was saying to Mick Jagger the other night at Sir Paul McCartney's castle  that I hate name droppers. Mick and Paul concurred.
So next Tuesday I finish my year with the students at Sheridan College- School of Craft and Design and on the Wednesday I hop on a flight to Victoria, B.C. Going to give a workshop up island to the Ladysmith Potters Guild on Thursday and Friday and presenting at the BC Potter's Masters Conference on the Sat. I'm staying with an old time cyber friend Les Crimp who in his 70's is firing his bourry box wood kiln. A man with good genes. Sunday Les and I are going to Gordon Hutcheon's anagama firing on Denman Island. Gordon is a guy that does all of ceramics really, really well- raku, cyrstalline, high fire, wood fire and salt glazing. I hate guys like Gordon. Monday, I'm off for lunch at Cathi Jeffferson's. Cathi is one of our premier salt/soda firers. After lunch I head down island for two days with my buddy Robin "Grass" Hopper. Grass is cooking up some chowder for me and taking me on a private tour of the pots of the Victoria Museum. We're going to "Smokin Bones Cookhouse" for some real southern BBQ and Grass tells me they have 18 brands of bourbon. My oh my, oh my life is good y'all!
Check out these potters
Robin Hopper/Judi Dyelle http://www.chosinpottery.ca/pages/thepottery.html
http://www.gordonhutchens.com/home.html
http://www.cathijefferson.com/Home.html

Comments

Sandy Miller said…
forget the food I'm drool'n over the company you keep!
have a grand time!

Popular Posts