Thursday, July 17, 2014

Loosing money at Peter's Valley

You are not supposed to lead a workshop and loose money. I think this is gonna happen to me. There is a great selection of Bruce Dehnert's work in the craft store and I have to git me some. There are some killers here that need to come home to Canada with me. I have said it before but I think Bruce Dehnert is America's best kept secret! I love his work to bits.





Peters' Valley School of Crafts know how to do a workshop right. I arrive to a free t-shirt, flashlight, nice house shared with instructors from other facilities. Already met the fabric instructor from Oz. There is a Keurig coffee maker with a selection of coffees, granola bars, and my clay slaves have the rock and roll cranked up and the studio clean and ready for me to rock and roll.

6 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

When you go home with no money and a pot in your hand, you better have some magic beans and one heck of a good story.

Anne D said...

love what Dennis said... but I think a pot tells a good story in some cases... And losing money on a pot is not like losing money in Vegas, at least you have something gorgeous to show for it...

Bill Schran said...

Tony,
I can see why you like this fella's work - you both appear to have a similar esthetic.

Anonymous said...

Prob'ally why they invited you, Tony :>)

It ain't easy to balance a non-profit these days! (Just ask my wife)

Anonymous said...

Be good to those clay kids, that team of Patricio and Brentwood is a finely tuned machine.

Lori Buff said...

Think of it as an investment, or at least use that as your excuse.