Universal language

There is something about sitting around the firebox. No language barrier exists. Our Canadian group were assigned to the second chamber of the climbing kiln. Potters around the world are attracted to the fire like a bunch of fire flies.
I remember firing a wood kiln in Jingdezhen, China and one of the masters came and sat with a beer and looked into the firebox as we fired. He had done it a thousand times and we all smiled as he nodded his approval.
I can't help but think if more people were to travel and experience this kind of love and friendship that there would be more peace, love


and understanding. What's so funny about peace, love and understanding? Nick Lowe one of my favourite songwriters.

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
I've always felt that stronger bonds are forged through hard work and maybe a little suffering than just sitting in the park with people.
ShellHawk said…
I really appreciate you sharing this wonderful experience with us! I wish I could be there with all of you!

Popular Posts