Smoke on the Water


Stand up and take a bow USU alumni.  USU is much more than a wood fire school with alumni excelling in different firings of ceramics. So many high profile ceramic artists that don’t wood fire are among it’s numbers.  Alas, USU sure has made it’s name known across the world for expertise in tossing sticks. I remember the big train, the double wide train and the cat all firing on the same day. No this was not a conference it was a normal semester of a pack of pyromanics. Man, I was in with a damn fine group.
I mentioned Alix Brodeur a few weeks ago on my blog. Alix and Johnnie Larson thought enough to hunt me down in MN.

I am so pleased to read today that Alix is a presenter at Smoke on the Water an International Woodfire Conference in Australia. She has come a long way from the 19 year old to now a presenter at an International  Wood firingConference. I taught Alix in Intermediate Ceramics at USU and spent 4 months of International study with her and the USU gang in Jingdezen, China . We craved mashed potatoes in China. Here is a pic of Alix licking the potato masher- a beer bottle. We couldn’t find a potato masher in China. It is true necessity is the Mother of Invention.  That was almost 10 years ago and she has come a long way. Knock em dead Alix. You’ve come a long way baby!

Comments

Popular Posts