Here’s to Johnnie, Wally, Al and You!



Here is a pic of the monster home growing beside me. Al the Used Car Dealer bought the old farm house and demoed it in a day and this is what is growing up beside me. As I lay in bed I see Wally the stonemason’s lights pullng into the driveway next door to start his day before dark and ending just before dark. That usually prompts me to get up and have a squirt. In the window I see my neighbour Johnnie the Framer’s kitchen light on. Johnnie is filling his thermos and off to work before daylight.  I bet Al the Used Car dealer in town ain’t sleeping either.  People in my town work hard. I love people that work hard.

My hands really ache from moving several tons of wood and bricks around this past weekend. I went to process another cord of wood today to get ready for another wood firing at the end of November. I came home and crashed on the couch for an hour until a friend woke me with a call to see if I was Ok. Thankfully as I might have spent the afternoon on the couch.  I went downstairs to the studio to load a bisque firing and prepared to throw some 12 lb bowls. Shit, it was hard to center the clay. Today I felt the years of moving clay, bricks, and wood. I worked thru the pain just like Johnnie, Wally and you will. Here’s a tip of my fedora to the hard working people I know and love.

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
Every morning I wake up and count my parts to see if they are still attached then I have to see which ones are going to work that day.

Popular Posts