Friday, May 26, 2017

Giving it all away!





My least favourite part of the entire pottery process is selling the work. In the best of world’s I would give it all away. I love to give pots away but that is not possible as I am not a man of independent means. My Uncle Jimmie always gave a pot to someone visiting from another country. He loved doing that and in turn he was so loved by many.
I loved Carter’s Christmas gesture of giving a kid a pot for a song, a poem or a drawing. I’m sure that will have a lasting effect on the hearts of the kids and their parents. Give love, get love!
I would like to send my heart out to Barb Murphy who convinced me to be in The Potter’s Market this weekend.  It was an incentive to make work and a further incentive to make good work because of peer pressure. Thanks Barb for all your hard work. I know I have been stubborn, upsetting and difficult at times.
“When the artist is alive in any person…. He becomes an inventive, searching, daring, self expressing creature. He becomes interesting to other people. He disturbs, upsets, enlightens, and he opens ways for better understanding.” Robert Henri
Another heart goes out to Emma Smith who as my former student has been counselling the old dude on display and in fact is supplying me with it. If you teach them well enough they will one day teach you.  Thanks Emma you know I think the world of you.

Here are some crack bowls out of the kiln this morning. I dipped them entirely in crack and saw the crack peeling away like bad wall paper. I thought holy shaving cream that is going to fall off and make a mess of the kiln shelves. Well God whoever she is wanted me to have some nice bowls for the sale and the cracks opened up and provided me with wine. As I have said so many times there is more money in the living room than the kitchen so there are holes in the foot ring and a wire to hang them as wall art. I really love them!

3 comments:

kate smith said...

Hi, My name is Kate and i just want to share my experience with you.
I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking group called Cyber ATM Hackers. They are really good at what they are doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. One week later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $1500 USD. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $21,000 USD without any stress of getting caught. I don't know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. CYBER HACKERS has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address cyberatmhackers@outlook.com . And I believe they will also Change your Life

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate, that sounds like an amazing deal! I just inherited $25,000 and would like to buy a bunch of those cards to give to members of my family. Please send me an email with the details ASAP and I will wire the money right away. Thanks, you made my day!

Asha said...

David benjamin ATM company is indeed a wonderful place to be. For the past 6 months i have been paying money to several companies just to get me a loaded card and all have scammed me of my money without any delivery. I was told by a friend who got her card in less than 4 days of her applying to contact davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com and lo and behold i was told to make a delivery payment and part payment for the card balance when i receive the card and must have tested it. Am proud to announce to any one in need of a genuine hacker who is tired of loosing money to rippers to contact : davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com and get you card without any story telling.