Where the big money lies.

There is more money in the living room than there is the kitchen and there is more money almost anywhere than in



my garden. I had some vazzzzes that stuck to the kiln shelves from running glazes. With a lot farting about, cursing and loss of patience I finally broke the pots trying to get them off the kiln shelves. They were too nice to throw out so I am using them as garden art. So I smartened up and starting firing them on broken pieces of kiln shelf so if they did run I'd glaze the kiln shelf. The difference between craft and art. Craft you can piss in and art you can piss on. Now that German Shepard next door not only has my lawn to crap on but he now has a couple of porcelain fire hydrants to whizz on.
These two are beauties so I took and glazed the kiln shelf in my crackle glaze, sprinkled it with wood ash and fired it again.. Now I have a piece of Art. Worth way more than a vase and a lot more than my garden art.
Uncle Donny dropped by and named the piece for me " My name is Art!"
I have my sale this weekend. It is the part of making pottery I most dislike. I don't like selling my pots. I'd rather give them to people but since I don't have independent means I sell them. The racers are gone. I had a really good fall with Shane Norrie Contemporary and what is here is good but not gallery quality. June from the Liquor Store dropped in tonight on her way home from work with a nice bottle of French red.  She just dropped in to wish me a good weekend. I am a blessed man to have so many friends that care. Uncle Donny promised to drop by again with two oranges- he's a big spender!
It is bitter cold out there in my garden shed so the wine and cheese will be in my studio. Hope to see some of you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The great painters use the hand, the head and the heart. If one of these elements is missing it's less than than great. When I heard this I thought of potters. The greats in the field use the hand, the head and the heart and then the sorcerer / alchemist does his magic and subjects the work to the fire. Is it magic,luck or foolery? ...

Popular Posts