Evolution

In the evolution of a potter you learn very quickly and things start to really happen for the first 7 years. This is the foundation of your work. It then takes another 10 years to develop a signature in your work. These 10 years and the years to follow show small blips of change. Sometimes you go years without any noticeable improvement.
 I just discovered pushing out the bottom and lifting it up and ribbing it back in to give me this nice edge near the bottom. I'm sure someone else is doing it but it was a new small discovery to me. I keep getting these potter dudes dropping by to encourage me to get looser. Gawd, with all this fun I'm having I hope I don't have to buy a storage shed to house the pots I'm loving to make.
I also did this whoopdie doo handle on some of the cups. I've done this before but it came from me making a handle that stuck out too far and I had to think of a way to make it right. 

When I was away in The Deep South suffering for my art ,Erin Younge The Clay Studio Director had a steak party, Dan was invited to Hitomi and Takuro's house for a lovely Japanese dinner and ritual and Christina Bendo our studio mate baked Madeleine desserts for tea time.  Needless to say I feel like a turd in the punchbowl. Unwanted, unappreciated and forgotten. 

On Sunday I went to the laundry mat to do my laundry and while the clothes were drying I went to a junk store and bought a Madeleine dessert mould to make some handles for my bowls. I'll show my fellow residents I too can make Madeleine's. 


I don't know how it is rated and who votes but thank y'all for making my blog #4. I can't believe y'all read this nonsense life of mine. Congrats to my fellow Canadian Carol Epp for being voted #1 two years in a row. Carol deserves a salary for all the work she does presenting her blog. 
Happy Valentines to everyone. I believe in love and hope y'all kiss someone tomorrow that thinks you're wonderful. I'll be squeezing Dark Star Wild the love my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts