The Making of a Misfit

This narrative does not include Marilyn Monroe. Some people are planners. I am not! I think I might well be considered impulsive. Heather sent me these brushes. A smarter man would have tried them on newspaper or at least some small pots. I don't know if it is confidence or stupidity. In defense of myself I have made that mark a thousand times. This 40inch sheild is a good example of how my mind works. I made it a couple of summers ago from a clay body I mixed with fiberfax, and toilet paper. It is very light. It stood against the wall all this time. A smart maker knows what they are going to do with the piece before or at least while making it. I didn't have a clue. Tomorrow I get interviewed on Zoom by Cyndi at C2C Gallery in Michigan. She will tape the talk and clean up any bad words I might say like damn, poop, caca, wee wee or dinky. The live version will go to air on St. Paddy's Day at noon Wednesday March 17th. There will be a Q and A. I'll post the link. A smart man would plan for Cyndi's questions. I never know what will come out of my mouth so there is really no sense in prepping myself. It's a bit like making the mark. I've done it and said it a thousand times. Sometimes the mark is right on and sometimes you wish you could go back over it and clean it up. Would I go back and clean up the mistakes in my life? No, I can say positively, NO! It has been the making of a misfit. Not being like everyone else is that the making of a misfit?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Will your interview be more controversial and informative than the recent interview of Oprah and Megan & Harry?
Tony Clennell said…
Gee I hope it will be sassy, saucy, bold and cheeky. Be there or be square. T:)

Popular Posts