Uplifting Others

UPLIFTING OTHERS May you never be the reason why someone who loved to sing, doesn't anymore. Or why someone who dressed so uniquely, now wears plain clothing. Or why someone who always spoke so excitedly about their dreams, is now silent about them. May you never be the reason someone gave up on a part of themselves because you were demotivating, non-appreciative, hypercritical, or even worse—sarcastic about it. —Mostafa Ibrahim Amen Mostafa. Today I went to work on some teapots. I haven't made a teapot since probably last September. That is not a good sign as I love to make teapots. I made some edges on the knobs that probably won't fly with the general pottery world. Tomorrow I look forward to more edge on the foot and of course the handles. I make pots for me and have to keep reminding myself of that. I have added a new signature to my email- Stay hungry, stay foolish! If money was the objective in my life I would have stayed gainfully employed versus this 42 years of self unemployment. If I wanted a tombstone which I don't, I hope it would read "No regrets!" Being hungry can mean exploring, changing it up, not making what you know will sell. I have found that if I have an expectation of a kiln load, it never surprises me and surprises are my pleasure in firing wood kilns. I don't want to know what to expect. Everyone has the potential to be boring or to be interesting. The way you dress, the ability to tell a story, the willingness to live outside your box, the willingness to take chances oh boy I could go on. Artists need be unpredictable. They need to be interesting! They need to stay foolish. We are a different breed. I try to celebrate that foolishness. Be who you want to be Say what you want to say Live how you want to live Sing if you want to sing Cry if you want to cry I added some black sand, and some silica sand to two teapots and some copper sand used for sand blasting to the other 2 teapots. Who knows what???? Give if you want to give-Danny Michel- Canadian singer/songwriter extraodinaire.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you want to sing out, sing out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN4JHP28s4U&t=20s


Anonymous said…
A Guide For Starting Creative Clusters

https://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/creative-clusters/

creative recovery
Anonymous said…
Embrace life and respect everyone. When you believe you are better than someone you have never met you have placed yourself far below them. Disgraced yourself. And you hurt people that way. Strive to be what you offer up on your post always no matter what. It may make you a better person. Don’t ever put someone down, they all are as good as you.
Anonymous said…
No exceptions? Not even those cruel, horrible people that take advantage or or destroy other people for their own gain?
Anonymous said…
A chi fa male, mai mancano scuse. – He who does evil, is never short of an excuse.
gz said…
Exciting work !
ShellHawk said…
A beautiful quote and a beautiful philosophy! Thanks you for continuing to inspire!

Popular Posts