On the road again!

After 2 years of having my career taken to the car wash it looks like it is on it's way back. Had a wonderful time in Portugal. This was at the height of Covid and I had serious fears it wasn't going to happen. Then home to a successful Ash and Barrel Show at Amsterdam Brewery. It had seemed like decades since I spent time with my peeps. Off to the NC Woodfire Conference where I was surrounded by peeps. I did a Power Point on the wood fire work of my buddy Ronnie the Rat and had Ronnie and Hester join the crowd via Zoom. It was an honour and my pleasure. I then moderated a Panel of brilliant NC potters Kate Waltman, Hitomi Shibata, Levi Mahan, Joseph Sand and Eric Knoche. These makers are on their A Game and smart too! I knew this year was going to be a goodun. I'm teaching in July at The Haliburton School of Craft and Design and then I head out for the month of a lifetime working with my friends Lee Danisch and Fraser Carpenter on Fogo Island for the month of September. I loved Fogo. I loved the people. I loved the wildness. I loved the seafood. I loved the blueberries. I loved the tiny shrimp and the cod. I loved how comfortable I felt after only 2 weeks. I'm showing ya some pics of my digs for the month on Fogo. I could live in that little orange cottage. Sooooooo sweet! Then as winter approaches I am off to work at Brian Nettles Pottery in Mississippi. Brian is brain storming what we are going to present there. It is sure to include sailing to Dog Island, going to the Crossroads for the Blues, breakfast at Brennan's in Nawlins, and maybe a trip to the nearby drive thru Dacquiri Bar. Stay tuned it is bound to be a total wrap.

Comments

gz said…
Wow! Thats going good, you are on a roll!! Good to hear that
Anonymous said…
Lavender Ceramics invites queer youth ages 14-18 for a community specific introduction to ceramics at DVSA .

https://www.facebook.com/LavenderCeramicsQueerYouth
.
Anonymous said…
You have to sniff out joy. Keep your nose to the joy trail.

BSM
Anonymous said…
On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies, we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way, and our way

Is on the road again
I just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies, we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way, and our way

Is on the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

And I can't wait to get on the road again

Love Willie
Anonymous said…
Just as in life, the vicissitudes of working with clay, you just have to wait and see whether the oven gives birth, so to speak, to a boy or a girl.

Eric V.
Anonymous said…
“Personally, coming out was one of the most important things I’ve ever done, lifting from my shoulders the millstone of lies that I hadn’t even realized I was carrying.” – Sir Ian McKellen
Anonymous said…
“It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love, or how you love. It matters only that you love.” – John Lennon
Anonymous said…
35 Brilliant Pride Month Quotes Perfect for Your Next Post
We've got your Insta captions right here.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/g36395825/pride-month-quotes/

Anonymous said…
How to find the success you deserve
Are you proud of your life so far — and if not, why not?

https://nationalpost.com/health/senior-living-how-to-find-the-success-you-deserve
Anonymous said…
You haven't been abducted by aliens, have you?

MUFON is an International Organization that investigates UFO reports from around the globe

https://mufon.com/

Popular Posts