Monday, November 30, 2009

Raising the roof



If you are wondering why we are pooped? Well along with making pots, testing glazes, and all the other stuff that goes along with running a pottery we had to have a new roof put on our studio. Ouch! That was a Christmas present that I wasn't counting on and it cost more than the Peter Pugger I was lusting after. We built a hobo fire in the 45 gallon barrel and burned all the cedar shakes. It took 4 days and now we have a half full barrel of nails. When I put the shakes on 10 years ago I thought they'd last a lot longer. Where did 10 years go and why is Santa making us pay for this gift? We're having a studio open house this weekend. Hey, I ship if anyone needs a Christmas gift. They are range fed and 100% organic and don't talk back.

No comments: