She always wins!

For the past 37 years I have had 3 different studios all situated at the base of the Niagara Escarpment. During my one year flirtation with earthenware I tried really hard to to be sold on the colours of the big city lights. I have found a new 5k walk at the base of the escarpment. The flora, fauna and the power of the rock formations are really amazing. The grays, greens and more somber colours are really the palette that I love. Would it be a stretch of the imagination to say that the undulated rims on the bowls I just made are a view of the escarpment from across the valley and the wee lugs I insist on putting on are really ledges on the escarpment. Or is it as I've always thought that a potter does something and then finds something to justify why they did it? Surely such strength and beauty must enter your being in some way.
Mother Nature always wins. Here is her work and a man made wall. Pretty dang good but not as good as hers.







Comments

Dennis Allen said…
Agreed, it is a magnificent work of nature. I thoroughly enjoyed bicycling and hiking along the Niagara a few years ago.

Popular Posts