Feeling Bad

It is better to feel bad than to feel nothing at all- Warren Zevon. This post has a bit for readers Ann and Dharsi. At Christmas, I went in for the crits of the graduating class at Sheridan. Two soldiers still standing in the pot dept. They were sticking with pots and not pieces. It is hard to have a final show of pots as we have such a loooooooooong history of really, really good ones to be compared to. Both students looked like deer staring into the head lights. What to do for that final push???? How can I make pots that command the attention of a large sculptural piece.  I am now convinced that sometimes you need to feel bad to feel good again. It is true that pressure makes diamonds! That is one of the great things about Sheridan is the pressure of the final show.  There is no hiding! Your final test paper is a 3D object that shows the clay that you are made of.  Here are the baskets of Teresa O'Grady Dunlop and teapot of Rhoni Diakow.  Rhoni was awarded a show at the Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art. Tomorrow I will show the sculptural pieces which were really awesome as well and I am very proud of those students as well. Today I celebrate the pot makers. We don't win many of the battles these days.
Oh I promised something for Dharsi- My girlfriend thinks I am a stalker! Well she is not my girlfriend yet!


Comments

Dharsi said…
"Oh I promised something for Dharsi- My girlfriend thinks I am a stalker! Well she is not my girlfriend yet!"

Thank you for thinking of me! I really do enjoy your blog and your work. It would be nice if you made it easier for your stalk…oops I mean admirers to purchase a piece here and there. Stalking is small potatoes, now bunny boiling *that* demands some attention!

Popular Posts