Sunday, July 19, 2015

Taking handles to Rochester

I know it sounds crazy but I am currently making pots for the show in Rochester in October. The shit hits the fan in my schedule for September so I need to get them made now. I've decided I'm going to make a bunch of handles and attach some pots to them.  Each additional step a potter adds to the process takes time. I seem to keep adding more steps which isn't brilliant from a money perspective unless of course the cups cost more. There seem to be a gazillion potters making cheap cups out there. I hope in Rochester mine will be amongst the cheapest and I will sell out. I know my buddy Danny Finnegan is a good cup maker and I am pretty sure they are a main stay of his business. I love making cups and it excites me to make cups that are unique to me.  If they put your cup in a police line up would anyone be able to identify as you! Stand Out! Be Different! Making creative work is a life sentence.


5 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

Just came in from turning a perfectly nice bowl into a fairly useless three handled basket. Thanks a bunch !

DropStitchChris said...

my absolute favourite cups are yours Tony…

Karen Franzen said...

Thanks for the post. I am completely out of mugs. After 7 months of house renovations it sure is nice to say hello to the studio again. The first order of business a couple dozen mugs.
www.karenfranzen.com

Gail Cowling said...

Your cups make the beverage taste better, Tony! (and that includes wine!)

Nguyễn Quang Vinh said...

We're mainly producing Vietnamese glazed outdoor pottery. We ship direct wholesale pottery,containers from our factories in Vietnam to the distributors, importers and businesses in the U.S. and all over the world. On this website, all pottery items are made to order and require the production time of 2 to 4 months. The shipping time runs from 4 to 6 weeks. We're export only first grade pottery products including large garden planters, tall ceramic pots for fountains, glazed flower pots, ceramic vases, animal figures, spheres and other beautiful items.