He shoots, he scores!


I’m somewhat embarrassed to admit this publicly but I haven’t scored in a long time. This devil’s toothpaste that I’m using I was afraid if I scored aggressively it would break. Because I threw it thin the rim dried overnight. So with handling porcelain I’ve heard that some people just lick the handle and stick it on. Remember I haven’t scored for sometime so I have to be careful what I do with my breath.  I don’t imagine a white mouth and breath like an ant eater is a way to another’s heart.

It’s Friday night and I have another ritual. I guess it is a hangover from when I was a kid. Friday night was fish and chip night. We weren’t Catholics or anything religious but we like everyone else in town went to Herb’s Fish and Chips for take out haddock and chips on Friday night. I go to the chippy here in town and the daughter gives me about 15 packages of malt vinegar. I think she must think I

drink it. I used the vinegar to attach my handles. Just brushed it on with a paint brush. This changes the PH of the clay to alkaline and voila you have a handle stuck to the side of your pot. Sorry it’s Friday night and you aren’t going to score. Blame it on Catholicism!  

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
Always wondered about the guys licking wads to stick them on pots for woodfire too.
John said…
Vinegar is acidic...
Linda Starr said…
I use a brush or dip my finger tips in the vinegar and then rub them on the clay to attach two pieces. I was using apple cider but I think the plain white works better.
Anonymous said…
I use spit. No need for a brush.

Popular Posts