Liar, liar pants on fire.

I posted a picture on Instagram of what I called the last glaze on some plates after 4-5 applications and some washing off of glaze as Eric Botbyl refers to as "doing the dishes." I thought it was the last and then remembered I usually put my crystal green glaze in the centre. I call this "chai damari" or tea puddle. That bit of colour helps sell them. Liar, liar pants on fire.  It only took me almost 40 years to discover that people like colour. Then while I was at it I did a bit of brushwork. It ain't over just yet. I will sprinkle some wood ash on the pots before loading them in the kiln. The wood ash brings out some copper red in my green crystal glaze. Not too much as I ain't a fan of copper red. Reminds me of blood and I faint at the sight of it.
More is more is my motto. I can't rely on serendipity so I build it in to the glazing process. Don't tell anyone they think I'm a kiln guru.
Awaiting Racoon Poop shino or Malcolm Davis, plus green crystal and brushwork.

Ta da all done.Opps ash to follow.

YI0 in the shino for lustre.

Comments

smartcat said…
Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess. Dynamite glazes!
RichardA said…
Really like these, T!

Popular Posts