Dreaming of better days

I looked at Roxy and Maggie having a dog day afternoon on the floor and I wondered if they were dreaming.? I wonder if they were dreaming of better days? How much better could it get for these two dogs? Someone feeds them, they have the run of 55 acres of pines, a pond to jump in when they feel like it, they sleep in an A/C studio most of the day when they are not doing their job of greeting customers and getting more love than Frank Sinatra ever did.
I go to bed at night thinking about a better day. Today was fantastic! I bought and planted  6 new hostas, two different day lilies and put in over my daily goal of 10,000 steps. Rode my bike, had a great day of making pots and made an awesome supper. Tomorrow will be even better. "The best way to predict the future is to create it!- Abraham Lincoln It didn't work out too well for poor Abe.
Tomorrow I am going to create a great day for myself. I have 8 new bacon dishes I am excited to work on tomorrow and maybe just maybe I will go to the beach at Port Stanley after work and have fresh yellow perch, chips and a cold beer at a cabana overlooking the sun worshippers. People enjoying life and today they can't even think of a better day but tonight they can dream about one. It starts for me with espresso in hand as I go out to the garden to see what splendour Mother Nature has revealed to me.




I almost always dream of a better firing. My best pot will be in that next better firing. It always will be. When memory has more to offer than hope you are done. When you have made your best pot you are done. Make your best your last!
Here is a picture of my brother James and his Rat pack of buddies on English bikes- Nortons, BSA's, Triumph's,  and Matchless. They were the tough guys in town. These were the best of days for my brother James- handsome, generous, athletic,  popular and he always had great wheels.  Sadly, life never got any better than these times for James. I wish he could start it all over. He was an amazing brother.

 Me and my buddies had English sportscars. Randy a TR6, Wayne a MG Midget and me a Triumph Spitfire.  We wore penny loafers and madras shirts.  I was the only one of my parents 3 boys to go off to University.
I met with the biker group last weekend at a reunion. They have turned out as you would have expected.- decent, friendly, generous, fun loving, respectable, loving, salt of the earth dudes.  Great memories were revisited.
Make new friends
but keep the old
One is silver
The other is gold.


Comments

Anonymous said…
You can tell when a dog is dreaming, their feet twitch, and they make little noises like they are running and barking in that dream. What they are dreaming about we'll never know.
Except when they have a nightmare, they look to us for a little security and companionship.
gz said…
a good life, and good memories..keep on keeping on !
Anonymous said…
"The good life", some people never find it.
Keep on the journey, you're a living example of what we should all try to achieve.
Anonymous said…
Hi Mr. Clennell, saw the photo from your 1 day 4 hour intro class a few days ago.
I studied ceramics at Central Tech for two years and was barely able to do what you taught your class in one day. Now you know why the ceramics dynasty ended at Central Tech.
Krystal said…
Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

Website bloggiaidap247.com và website blogcothebanchuabiet.com giúp bạn giải đáp mọi thắc mắc.

Popular Posts