T Time

Here are a couple of the teapots from the unload of The Champ yesterday. We unloaded and loaded again. Small crew this weekend with my cousin Brenda, Mr. K., Jen Drysdale and moi.
This kiln is packed to the rafters as my cousin is a production potter that thinks nothing of throwing 100 cups in the morning. I am trying to change that but after over 40 years of production throwing she sees money in numbers. I'm working on her.
One of my most influential teachers was Roger Kerslake. Rog believed that you could judge the quality of a potter by their teapot. I have him sitting on my shoulder.
Been playing with the hand built spout Heather Smit demonstrated at her workshop.
Roundie with pedestal

Squatty with cap lid

Tea Caddy

Little squarie
Gotta head back to The Champ. I am going to be one tired camper come Monday. It is pissing rain and cold. I came home to trade in my spring/fall Carhartt jacket for my winter one.

Comments

smartcat said…
Cool teapots....perhaps someday the powers that be will smile on me and i will be able to buy one.
In the meantime, I really, truly, madly appreciate the postings.

Popular Posts