It's a go!

My course in Portugal at Claykitchenportugal is full to overflowing so goodbye to Canadian winter. I will miss my kids and buds, my snowblower and my fat bike but other than that Im up for a new adventure. David at Claykitchenportugal is pulling together an exemplery studio environment. His brother has a beautiful hotel a stones throw up the road for the students to stay in so "life is good for those of us that know that life is good!" He has built a beautiful wood fired train kiln and in a Sykpe call today I saw donkeys in the field, wood piled high to fire with and get this "a Toyota forklift to move the wood to the firebox". The good news is my big pot buddy David Steumpfle is coming to meet the gang in Lisbon and then teach a two day big pot workshop at CKP. I am blessed to have such amazingly talented friends that make me look good. David's partner Nancy "Boss" Gottovi will be along. Nancy is the Director of Starworks in Star, NC and a major mover and shaker in the craft community so her place at the dinner table will be a welcome one. I really plan to enjoy this year. It's been a long 2 years of COVID and being stuck at home. I'm going early Jan to make pots with David and get ready for my eager crew of mudslingers. The course is the full month of Feb culminating in a firing of the train. Choo choo! After the course I'm going to do some biking in Portugal and then walk The Fisherman's Trail for 8 days. Before my return to Canada on April 6 I am flying to the Azores to do another week of hiking. I've worked hard all my life for this so let me enjoy it. I looked at Portuguese on Duolingo and there are not many words that make sense. I'll learn the basics wine, beer, toilet, please, thank you, hello. A favourite song from my teens " If ya gotta go, go now!" -Manfred Mann

Comments

smartcat said…
Just a little bit green with envy💚 at spending winter in sun and warmth, with clay to boot!
We in the blogging world expect many posts and photos!
ENJOY!
Tony Clennell said…
Thank you Smart Cat. I will be blogging more frequently since life will be waaaaaay more interesting than my basement studio. Best, T
gz said…
Another one green with envy...a whole month..and February too!!

Enjoy!
Anonymous said…
Ever been to a park and seen a small bag of dog poop hanging from a tree, or the garbage cans overflowing with little bags, well that dog poop is valuable. With a dog poop fueled biogenerator you can now power your kiln with all that free methane.
Anonymous said…
Green ceramics and environmentally forward are the future, interesting idea on how to fuel a kiln.

Zitti
Anonymous said…
boa sorte!

wishing you good luck on your portuguese journey.

CC.
Anonymous said…
Bon voyage: or should I say Boa Viagem.
Seth said…
Hope omicron doesn’t kill the party
Anonymous said…
And then the other shoe drops, omicron.
Anonymous said…
Debbie Downer says....
Omicron might ground your holiday travel plans.

Popular Posts