What a difference 4 decades make

I have been a fan of the work of Bruce Cochrane since 1982. Here is a large charger and a medieval jug dated 1982. I always thought if the house was on fire I would grab the charger as it has long since been a favourite pot of mine to stare at. The 1982 pots were pots Bruce made before he became the guy who made pots that you wondered HTF did he do that? I have pots of his that probably date each and every decade. I never got one of his boxes and that is a serious regret. He took the box to yet another level. Bruce was my boss at Sheridan College School of Craft and Design and I owe that period of time as a major leap in my career. Always shoot pool with someone who is better if you want to get better. Bruce, the faculty and the eager students at Sheridan were an incredible force. This Saturday at Amsterdam Brewery we will be showing our stuff. Where did 40 years go? We have both been mentors to a bunch of amazing potters. It's a pretty damn good feeling!

Comments

smartcat said…
In the theater the wish for good luck is 'Break a leg'. Perhaps the wish for potters' should be, 'Break a pot'?
Just a thought. 🤭
All the very best wishes that your tables and shelves are empty by the end of the day.
Tony Clennell said…
Hey Smart Cat thx a bunch. hugs, T
Anonymous said…
Isn't breaking a pot like breaking a mirror, bad luck?
Anonymous said…
For all the overly manicured out there, the phrase should be break a nail, good luck for some,
and a complete tragedy for another.

QT

Popular Posts