Ash and Barrel

It is my great pleasure to be included in the All Star line up of the Ash and Barrel Show at Amsterdam Brewery in Toronto. There are shows and then there are shows. Some you just need to be a member, some you just need to pay the fee, some you need to get invited to and this is Ash and Barrel. It's an Invitational Show and you have to earn your stripes. Mostly this is my clay family, my peeps, the ones I adore and whose work I respect. There is a show for everyone at every level. I remember in my twenties going to the Stouffville Flea Market. The guy next to us sold styrofoam coolers with holes in them, hubcabs, screwdrivers etc, etc. He made more money than we did! Thank Gawd that is behind me. Most of the craft shows and studio tours have grown passe. Commercial cookies, bad coffee and diamonds sprinkled amongst the gravel. Ash and Bareel will be an exceptional show of exceptional clay work. You're not guaranteed a spot at this show. You falter you're gone! I have been so fortunate to have taught some of the best and hung with those that shoot better pool than I do. It keeps ya trying harder. Hope to see ya at Ash and Barrel. I'll buy ya a beer!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love the Discovery sale at Dundas Valley School of Art,I always pick up beautiful mugs and dishes for $1.00
Anonymous said…
Opportunities don't happen. You create them.

CG
Anonymous said…
Surround yourself with the right people, and realize your own worth. Honestly, there are enough bad people out there in the world - you don't need to be your own worst enemy.

Lucy H.
John said…
The reds are the best
Anonymous said…
Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you.

Sark
Anonymous said…
What's the secret to your fabulous red?

fanboy
Tony Clennell said…
Fan Boy: Copper red over a white glaze that includes titanium. The titanium bleeds thru the copper red.

Popular Posts