I should live down under




I made a tall vessel and the more I looked at it the more I thought it deserved to live it's life upside down. The shoulder was a belly and needed to be a shoulder. So I arranged to have Superman Trevor Dunn help me flip the thing, cut out the foot that once was and add a rim and then plop it down on a new foot. I show you what it looked like when I build it and once it's flipped. It's the one on the right. Even the other pot could look good turned upside down. The third picture includes the start of a rather tall straight cylinder I'm doing. These pots reference the "flower pots" of the Bruce Peninsula where I lived for 20 years. http://htmlhelp.com/~liam/Ontario/FathomFive/Flowerpot/
This a very rugged part of the world and I remember it's beauty fondly.
The top of the arch of the double wide train kiln is 45' so these pots are 44" in height.

Comments

Craig Edwards said…
What do they say.. go big or go home... guess you went big... good firings
Alex Solla said…
So, Tony, with the price of Clay etc at USU, what's it cost to produce one of these puppies? What's the likelihood of getting them through the Train intact? These new monsters are gorgeous. Cant wait to see them crustied up!
Togeika said…
Can you side fire these?
Anonymous said…
Oooooooo, I love the evolution of the textured exteriors on these Tony.
Linda Starr said…
Wow, those are nice. I'd never be able to lift one - how much do they weigh? Can't wait to see them after firing.
Peter Whitesell said…
Wow Tony, these are incredible!

--Peter

Popular Posts