Leach Sucks



When I did my Art History course during my MFA at Utah State I read a whack of articles on my old friend Bernard Leach. My buddy John Britt has taken a few good swipes at Bernie in articles in Ceramics Monthly. I arrived at the Skutt booth to do a throwing demo to find this cup on my throwing stool. Thanx JB I'm drinkin' a beer out it at this moment. The Leach movement, the Leach orphans, the 21st century where is it all going????????????????
I picked up a cup at the Airstream room for my darlin'. A lead glazed, press moulded cup by Mark Pharis. When I got home last night we had a night cap and she fondled the cup while we talked. Yep, it was a good choice!!!!

Comments

FetishGhost said…
Quiet chuckling from the corner...
Ron said…
Are you certain that Pharis uses lead glaze?

Popular Posts