Horse's Eye


Yesterday on Facebook Ron Philbeck posted this wonderful plate with the horse's eye decoration. Thanks Ron for making my day.  I'm also showing a plate potter friend Cathi Jefferson gave me with reference to the horse's eye.  I have loved the decoration since I first saw it in my very first pottery book by Bernard Leach- A Potter's Book. I have tried to do this decoration but it seems I just don't have that small motor skill. I know practice, practice, practice. How is it that such a thing like a plate can take your breathe away. This plate in my horse's eye could stand it's own with any large conceptual sculptural piece. Well made pots have that kind of power.

Comments

Ron said…
Nice to see Cathi's interpretation. I'm enjoying looking at historical pots right now. Getting me charged up for the new year.

Popular Posts