Pickin your nose

Just like Frosty the Snowman there comes a time in a potter's life when they too are pickin' their noses. I'm pickin' mine now. Spent about 8 months with e-ware and got some interesting results on small pots but I am a small man with a Napolean complex that makes BIGWARE. The colourful brushwork didn't translate or let me say we couldn't make it work. So plans are underway for a big wood kiln to be built at Pinecroft(home of my late aunt and uncle's studio). I'm happily making pots that won't be fired for another 5 months. So do don't look for any finished work on this blog for awhile. Keep your fingers crossed that when I pick my nose I pick a winner.

Comments

gz said…
Sometimes it is good to do something different- sometimes completely different, not even in clay....to see clearly what is sitting waiting behind you.
Anonymous said…
TC, it's taken me a day or two of thinkin' about this. New directions aren't always great, but it's great to explore them. Your work is so so so distinctive in all of it's parts - clay, form, glaze & firing. I have to say I couldn't imagine it translating into a slipware world. It's good you and Sheila gave it a shot. Welcome home.
Anonymous said…
TC, that anonymous comment is from me. Don't know what happened. Vicki H
Anonymous said…
Well you and Sheila certainly gave the new direction a lot of energy and life....but good for you for recognising your true home...the wood kiln! yeah! looking forward to seeing some of those old familiar pots!

cheers, linda
Anonymous said…
Tony, I have always really enjoyed the wood fired work that you make. I have a number of pieces, some at my studio where people are always trying to buy them from me...nope! While enjoying watching the eware pottery being created, I was happy to hear that you and Sheila are doing wood firing again. Yay! Happy New Year.
Mary P.

Popular Posts