Rabbit Stew


Had a great day yesterday with friends. Steve and Lis came down and prepped my garden for a flower bed. Marg is coming today to plant the hydraindja's . Ok I tried so from now on ever more they will be tulips. All flowers I don’t know the name or spelling of are now tulips.
Went to Clark’s this morn for my Sunday heart attack on a plate and took along the latest CM with a wee interview of one of my favourite people- Big Boy Bruce Dehnert. I loved how Bruce see’s how lucky he is to have so many students and artists crossing his path at Peter’s Valley and how that keeps his work changing. I think though the strongest thought for me in the interview was Bruce is able to see how lucky he is. Most people when good luck knocks on their front door they are out in the backyard looking for four leaf clovers.
Congrats on the article Bruce. You should have been the cover. I love your work.
I was born in  the year of the  lucky rabbit and this weekend is more positive proof of just how lucky I am. Recognizing your luck and showing gratitude for it is part of the secret. I have  made my living as a potter all these many years and have surrounded myself with such awesome friends. I’ve been eyeballing a piece of Outsider Art by Andy Brown entitled “Rabbit Stew”. A man just can’t enough good luck.

A new crew arrives tonight for the week long wood firing. Then next week a new crew for a course with soda firer extraordinaire Cathi Jefferson. Then the week after a week with the man with the magic hands- Bruce Cochrane. Then the week after that a week with the ash glaze wizard Dick Aerni. Then the week after that the Koreans are landing. Then I go teach a wood firing course with my buddy Bruce Dehnert in NJ.  Then a workshop in Belleville, Then Minnesota for firing workshop with Donovan Palmquist/ Colleen Riley, then Minnesota Potters Festival with Tom Wirt and Betsy Price and then and then and then. Wish me luck with my rabbit  stew!

Comments

Popular Posts