Saturday, May 28, 2016

Worn Down



The sediment (the sand, mud and pebbles) that make up Sedimentary rocks come from other rocks that have been worn down by wind, rain and snow.
The pots I am currently making suggest sedimentary rock formations.
This is the end of 4 weeks of long days than rarely end till usually around 10 or 11. I am worn down like the rocks I love.  I had an hour power nap this afternoon.
 This week Dick and I were up late talking about geology and sedimentary rock formations. I woke up in the morning and ran down to the studio to implant some feldspar chunks into the still wet slip. Man these wall plates ought to be expensive since a western potter friend Richard Selfridge who gave the chunks

to me said they were collected in a rattlesnake infested cave in Alberta. I’m not a fan of snakes so I ain’t gonna collect no mo!

It’s Saturday night so I was in the studio to try and get back my mojo. The blues are on and life is good.