So you want to be a potter?? ha, ha

Today Brenda had to kid sit the sprogs. That is her daughter Sara's two kids Bryce and Jordan. Brenda had 100 little bowls to make and I was busy making some slab trays- hey I need the money.  Bryce and Jordan were in our care and hey if you want to hang with Nana and Uncle Buck you got to work in the pottery. That was my life with Uncle Jimmie. For those of you that know what it is like to be a full time potter well it is just that - full time.  We had Jordan pug clay for Nana
Oh Nana this is hard- Nana's response " Work thru the pain"

Nana I did it!
If you think work ethic suddenly arrives out of the sky you are dreaming. It starts by  example. Brenda had work to do and so did I so we included the kids into our work. If you think this is child labour and they would be so much better off looking at the computer you got our perspective on child rearing all wrong. They had fun and man this Bryce dude is such a creative little soul I have Art School hopes for him.  At age 7 this is a pretty frickin' amazing drawing. He could add that to one of my love bombs and I'd call it value added.  Potters work hard almost all the time. You want to be  a potter, be prepared to work hard almost all of the time. So much hope for Bryce and Jordan to take over for Brenda and me.
Buzz Lite

Don't disturb - Artist at work!

Comments

Jeff Abney said…
Love seeing the kids involved in the pottery! That's some good drawing!
Anonymous said…
Child labour is the best, at least they'll learn how to give back to their parents, and not just be entitled.
gz said…
The best time to start..the younger the better!
Anonymous said…
Beware the evils of pottery.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0LBIPgKSs/

Popular Posts