Phase Two

There is comfort in numbers. I heard on CBC radio this morning that many poets simply have not been able to write since March. As a self proclaimed Potters Poet I have been closed up like the bloom on my clematis. It looks like it is about to open by the weekend.

On Friday of this week most of Ontario is entering Phase 2 of Covid 19.  Toronto is not. I call it The New Abnormal. Restaurant patios will be able open at 50% capacity. I have felt the stress of The Green Frog Tearoom at Pinecroft with the closing of the restaurant that has gone on for nearly 3 months. The pottery has been in operation for 72 years and my cousin Brenda and her family have built the pottery and restaurant into the #1 tourist destination in the county. Behind the magical experience of Pinecroft is a lot of hard work. The work ethic is alive and well here and to watch the entire team itching to get back to work has been painful.
Dining out is an experience. It is not just about not eating your own food. It is about feeling alive,  being waited on and good company but for me always it is the experience of being where you feel energy. It may be music, the noise in the kitchen  or the familiarity of the people.
I miss teaching my day classes and going for lunch at The Green Frog with my class of 8. I never have to order. The staff all know it is a grilled cheese with bacon on Herm's homemade bread with a extra side of pickles.
Since I live alone I like to go out for dinner. I am a person of habit. Friday night it is shrimp and chicken Tom Yum soup and a Modelo at the Thai Restaurant here in town. Sunday night it is San Antonio chili and a Dead Elephant draft at Bella Jacks. The rest of the week I stay at home with Jack the Bear.  I never have to order at either of these places either. They know the drill. Neither of these places have patios so I'm up Shit Creek and so are they.
The Green Frog Tearoom is opening this Friday. Come and support the business. There is 50 acres of pines you have had the pleasure to roam. Follow the social distancing protocol and come breathe some fresh air and eat some really good food.
We can gather in groups of 10 as of Friday so I'm itching to be with friends. Come on clematis, come on!



Comments

Anonymous said…
And so the flow of creativity begins......
Anonymous said…
But never “used a word that should never be used”
Anonymous said…
Rename all the Dundas Street, it's racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundas_Street

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Dundas,_1st_Viscount_Melville
Anonymous said…
No patio and 50 acres to roam,
you'd better paint circles on the grass for social distancing,
and install picnic tables or those plastic table and lawn chairs inside those
circles. Any nice shade trees there, or do you need umbrella sets too?

HungryHippo
Anonymous said…
Call to re-name Dundas, Ontario and the Dundas Valley School of Art.
They are both named after a racist, and should no longer be acceptable in Canada.

Anonymous said…
I didn't think this would be happening until the fall,
but yee-haw for phase 2.

Popular Posts