Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

If you think you are too small to make a difference you haven't spent a night with a mosquito! Ten years ago I read about a small denim company in Wales, Hiut Denim that was trying to bring back the denim industry that had been in their town but like many others layed off all the workers and headed for cheap labour countries like Mexico, China, Thailand, Vietnam to name a few. We potters only need to look at what has happened to North American and European ceramics. Gone like the Doo doo bird. So being a threatened dinosaur myself I took the plunge and bought a pair. They ain't cheap but then neither are my pots compared to Dollar Store and Ikea. Hiut promised free life time repair. They ask that you send them at first sight of a rip or worn part. Well I waited 10 years till the jeans were almost thread bare. To my defense it cost me $50 to mail them back to Wales and then a 4 month wait for the repair. I was soooo excited to see what Paul the mender/craftsman would do to give them some more life. Bravo Paul!!!
His sewing machine worked overtime on repairing the thread bare parts and he added the little red button logo that I lost almost within a year of wearing them.
When people treat me right I treat them right. I ordered a new pair that I'll try to take better care of. No promises!! This new pair will be my Sunday go to meeting pants. Mind you I don't do Church and never liked meetings. So lets say a special dinner with a Harris Tweed Sports jacket, a light blue cotton button down shirt, my Hiuts and my lace up Blundies. Oh yeah, one of my Beaver Felt Art Fawcett handmade fedoras. If you're laughing this adds up to more than a $2000 Ralph Lauren suit and twice as cool. Deal with people that stand behind what they promise and do what they say they were gonna do. Buy less, reuse and recycle. Here are my new jeans for date night.

Comments

Cyndi said…
Love the old and the new. Plus, love your date night get up. Shhhh. I ordered a second pair too.
gz said…
Nicely mended.proper jeans! Too many now are Ssstreeetch......full of plastic added to the cotton. No good when you are kiln firing!!
smokieclennell said…
GZ:It never occurred to me that those stretch denims are full of plastic.
Anonymous said…
After 3 to 6 months my Old Navy jeans are always crotchless, I kind of enjoy the added air vents, but I can't sit or bend over in public. Will check out these highly recommended jeans of yours.

Tango

Popular Posts