Forest Bathing

There is plenty of data that shows that walking is good not only for stress but for your creativity. Robin and Ju- Ju came from their city living to visit me for the weekend. We did all the fun things, like bowling Cy's Bowling Alley. It's the only bar in town so beer, wings, pizza and bowling is a part of rural life.
Our fashionable bowling shoes

Ju-ju and I took on Momma on the hardwood lanes. That 5 pin is a lot of rock for a 3 year old and we at one time had 3 balls that didn't quite make it down the lane. Yaaaaaa we lost! We celebrated that with a high five. We had an Easter Egg hunt, Julia watched Peppa on TV and Robin and I caught up. Robin is the best to talk to. Funny, smart, political, irreverent and ya a chip off the old block. Gawd, I love her.
Robin and Ju-ju

There is a new word for just about everything today so we went to White's Woods for a Forest Bath. Ju-ju kept wondering when we were going to peel and have a bath. I explained a lot about the trees, the mosses, the sounds, the birds and little critters. I think many people don't take the time to see. I mean really look and take note of the miracles of nature. The ripples in a beech tree had me befuddled.
ripples on a beech tree???????????? usually so smooth.

It was a lovely slow walk with a little curious kid that I call "Poppa's Favourite Little Beast". She called me a "Big Beast"  so I know she has her mums smart mouth. Wonder where she got that from?
They are headed back to Toronto and phoned to say they are stuck in stop and go traffic. I was on my new ride retracing our trip thru the woods and down the side roads to get in my 10,000 steps. The bike is amazing in the woods. Put it in Sport mode and you can tackle hills you would never try unless in incredible shape. I'm working on it.
My new E ride.


Comments

Anonymous said…
A walk in the woods, it's the artist's way!
Anonymous said…
If the brothers Grimm teaches you anything, a walk in the woods never has a good ending.

Popular Posts