Pottery as a vocation

Pottery is not a vocation, it is a sentence! This was taken from Leonard Cohen's " song writing isn't a vocation, it's a sentence. I wonder how many times I've thought about quitting and getting a respectable paying job. Can't think of many February's when the wind was howling, the cupboards were bare, people's credit cards were maxed from Christmas, I was robbing Peter to pay Paul that I didn't think to tie a necktie around this thick ole neck and applying somewhere for something that would bore me to tears but feed the kids and pay the bills.
I was sitting in my garden tonight enjoying the flowers and reflecting on what a fantastic life I have lead. I have all the books, the art, the pots, the good food, the amazing circle of friends and a job that still excites me each morning.
Had a beer on the porch of my good neighbour Al with the million dollar house. Al said he knows so many people that want to be the richest person in Aylmer cemetery. I have to admit I've been a bit of a worker bee but I'm learning to stop and enjoy the roses. Just tonight sitting in my garden barefoot(grounding) I could hardly wipe the smile off my face. Beautiful home, good food, a top shelf bourbon, and it's Saturday night that is my music night.  Life has been good to me. I am the richest man on the street.  Life is good for those that know life is good and that includes moi!
Dance like no one is watching you tonight. I'm going to. Raise a heavenly glass to life.
Frog jar by Ronnie the Rat

Hawkeye is all paid for and mine!
Lake Erie perch and salad (lettuce, tomato, strawberries, walnuts, cranberries, cucumber, and mushrooms. )

Books on the go!

Not all art costs $1000

The Magpie by Mary Philpott that watches over me while I sleep.




Comments

gz said…
riches isn't money
Anonymous said…
All those love bombs you've been spreading paid off.
Anonymous said…
If you are looking for a second career, how about moving to Nevada and opening the world's first pottery brothel?
Anonymous said…
Confucius say, "choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Popular Posts