Yadi yada yada yadi yada

It's been awhile since I've written. Didn't think there was much to say that could trump the smartest man in the worlds shenagans and the COVID crisis. I'm sure y'all have been as consumed by it as me. I got an order for a dinnerware set that got me back in the studio. Dinner plates, side plates, bowls, yunomi's and cups are made now I'm dinking around making some accessories that might complete the set. I haven't thrown to a measure in quite awhile and it actually feels good to see the ware racks filling up' The silver lining if there is one in COVID is that it has taught me some balance. I spend most of the morning on my health. Still riding my bike 20-25K per day,some weight lifting,some stretches and a late breakfast. It is usually around 11:30 before I head to the studio. I turn 70 in April which means I've been working for 64 years. I started working at Pinecroft Pottery when I was 6. You couldn't really call it work but it wasn't summer camp, bass fishing or swimming lessons either. We are once again in COVID lock down here in Ontario which means stay at home unless for groceries, pharamacy, and doctor appointments. Non essential stores can have curb side pickup but in reality you shouldn't be going out and can be fined. Since I live alone I am allowed to see one other family. Looks like Jack the Bear and I will have to keep each other company. He's not a prick so we get along just fine. I am going to start working on pots for my gas kiln as who knows when a firing team can be assembled for the wood kiln. After the dinnerware firing of crack and hagi I'm going to do a reduction cool in the gas kiln. I make different pots when I think wood and perhaps the reduction cool will bring me back to those more casual pots. Politics and COVID have exhausted most of our creative efforts. Exercise, books and music have been my company for the past month. If ya need a good laugh read The Best of David Sedaris and if you want to hear a good album Alisapie- The Ballad of the runaway girl. She is Inuit and the music is really rocking with throat singing, great percussion, and moose calls. Wolves don't play by the rules is one that resonates with me. They have to stay alive and so do we artists. Be well and safe during these crazy times. T

Comments

gz said…
Love those forms.. beautiful and lively and practical

Popular Posts