Thank you Universe, USU, The Bray, Clay Commuity. I love you!

I received my official invitation to be Artist in Residence at The Bray in the fall of 2023. It goes without saying The Bray is a pilgramage for potters. So many ghosts haunt that old brick yard. Who do I thank for this amazing priviledge? I stand on the shoulders of so many giants and have been lucky to have their acquaintance. The journey starts so far back, my Uncle Jimmie and Aunt Cavvy, Carleton Ball, Roger Kerslake, Mick Casson, two amazing hard working ex wives, Bruce Cochrane and Sheridan College and then Big John Neely at USU. John not only accepted me into the MFA programme at USU he arranged to send me to Jingdezhen, China the porcelain capital of the world. It was there I spent 4 months with the Facility Manager of The Bray USU undergrad Perry Haas and spent time with the new amazing Director of The Bray Rebecca Harvey. Full time resident George McCauley is a protege and friend of my buddy Ronnie the Rat Meyers. The collection of the usual suspects I am sure have handed me this incredible opportunity. Thank you peeps I will outwork a 35 year old to honour your tip of the hat. As invited artist I am given a two bedroom house and am allowed to ask another artist to join me. I didn't have to think long. My former student Sheridan College School of Craft and Design 2000 Andrew Kellner has been my friend and my protege for a couple of decades. I think Andrew is one of the best unknown makers bar none. Soooooo looking forward to working with the blue chip clay artists at The Bray. I feel so priviledged.!

Comments

gz said…
Lucky man..you will enjoy it!!
Anonymous said…
Best of times...

fanboy
Judy Andrews said…
Congratulations Tony! I have been following you since Bobby Free was in Jingenzen, and I was still in Helena. Now in Butte, I hope to make it there to meet you!
Tony Clennell said…
Judy: That would be great! l think the world of Bobby (Freedom Fighter) Free. He could party all night, hold a job and out work most in the studio.Cya in Big Sky Country. Best, T
Linda Sickmon said…
Tony,
Congratulations So very happy for you and this well deserved honor.

Linda Sickmon
Anonymous said…
Why Married Men Live Longer Than Single Men

Studies done over the past 150 years have shown that marriage is in fact good for your health. Married men tend to live 17 years longer. So prepare yourself. If you’re a single male you could possibly die 17 years earlier than a married man. Single men have a 32% higher risk of death at an early age as compared to married men.

https://healthresearchfunding.org/married-men-live-longer-single-men/
Kathy Stecker said…
How great and well deserved. Andrew is one lucky Potter.
Tony Clennell said…
Well Anonymous They may live longer but are they happier for the last 17 years? Quality not quantity.
Anonymous said…
Not everyone is cut out to care about another more than or at least as much as themselves. You seem to be one that prefers to live alone with yourself .......

Popular Posts