The 8th Wonder of the World






The part I have loved most about the West Virginia University program for Study Abroad in China is that they have given us an itinerary to see places and meet people that most tourists wouldn’t get a chance to. I guess though if you travel all the way to China you just have to say you’ve seen the big sites. We went to see the Terra Cotta warriors that to me were rather disappointing in that you had to look at them from quite a distance. They were housed under this enormous hockey rink like structure and you peered at them from too far away to really see the differences in their faces. I purchased a book about the history of the warriors and was lucky enough to get it signed by one of the old farmers that helped discover the burial site while digging a well. It does blow ones mind that these emperors had such huge egos.

Comments

I am weeping...I should have known you would go see the tomb of Shih Huang Ti. I spent a year looking at these figurines: first as the student, then as the teaching assistant. You lucky dawg...

Popular Posts