My New Bumper Sticker


There is more money to be made in the living room than in the kitchen. If one of Sheila's boxes is glazed in a celedon, waxy matte, shino or any other good hard glaze we get questions like " Can you roast a Cornish hen in these?" Glaze them in a dry lichen type glaze and all of a sudden those questions stop. Why? Well it is because they are now art and not "just a pot'. Now don't get me wrong on pots. I just saw an article today on my all time favourite British potter Richard Batterham. The article was called "Just Pots". Pots are harder to please me with than art. They are harder to make consistently well. They not only have to please the eye but they have to work. Batterham has done it for decades.

Comments

FetishGhost said…
That little nugget of wisdom just opened my eyes more than my second cuppa coffee... Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Popular Posts