I'll be back!


This was the famous line of Arnold Governor of California in the movie The Terminator except in the movies at least he came back. When that line is used here in our showroom they almost never come back. You have to set the hook and reel them in or they are gone forever. We can count on one hand the number of people that have uttered those words and actually came back. A woman yesterday actually looked tortured with her decision but claimed she needed time to think about it. We knew once out the door she was gone for good. Another good line which is also the kiss of death for a sale is " I have to check with my husband!". Tell me what lucky husband gets to decide whether their partner buys a piece of pottery or not? No one I know or would want to know. Sounds like serious control issues to me.

Quote of the Day
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss

Comments

And then there was the time, the husband walked into my booth and said "that is the most beautiful plate I have ever seen." Brings his wife over to show her. Repeats what he said. She walks away without a word. He says, "I'll be back". I knew he wouldn't.
Anonymous said…
The longer I spend shopping in a store, the less likely I am to buy something. If I walk around with something in my hand for a half an hour, I end up convincing myself that I don't need it, When I go to buy things, I decide almost instantly based on a gut feeling and my gut knows instantly whether or not I like somethin'.
Anonymous said…
We call these bebacks in retail

Popular Posts