Messing my pants

I got my real denim jeans from Hiut Denim in Wales. It was a bit of luxury buying these jeans but I figure I want something made by hand, I don't want to support sweat shops and I bloody well deserve a nice treat. Washing instructions said to refrain from washing for at least 6 months. I have had them a month and haven't washed yet but I can't wear them like this to school. This may be a good idea for an accountant or some non blue collar type bu I am a clay pusher and teach at a college. I hung them out on the line praying for rain to wash them so that I won't be accused of giving in. The other issue without washing them is that they feel like cardboard. It's a bit like using a clay that is too hard. I figure these jeans by January will be able to walk by themselves to the pottery and they will weigh 600 lbs.


Comments

Brian Grow said…
Pray for rain or that someone turns on the sprinkler......wink wink.
Annied01 said…
I read that about jeans made in Montreal too, they say if you wait 6 months the jeans will form to your body like a second skin,... only thing is I have really sensitive skin and after 2 or 3 days in jeans on the road when we travel I get ridiculously itchy, so I didn't buy them... I could never last 6 months without washing anything use except maybe a car...
Dennis Allen said…
Wait til they get totally saturated and fire them.
Unknown said…
I have found that artists in general, and potters in particular, snub rules in general, as much ado about nothing. I believe this to be a case of reverse psychology. The company figures if they tell you six months, you may actually wait 2 or 3 at the outside, so you have already met the requirement for cell/DNA encrustation and have ground it to the necessary depth in the denim fibers. Nope, wash those puppies or stand down wind of your loved ones until after the first deep frost :)
stp said…
dont even think of washing those fancy pants
John Britt said…
Did that load of bullshit come with the jeans? Or did you have to pay more for it?

Popular Posts