Cross pollination

-->
I love the shape of the moon jars from Korea. Those mini moons I made sat on the shelf staring at me all day long.  I tried to avoid their stare but when the blues came on CBC I got my dancin’ shoes on and made them rock and roll. I put thick slip on being careful to leave the bottom without slip to show off the great form.  I wanted there to be a landscape on the moon. I still don't believe it is made out of cheese. Then they sat and starred back at me again. I was tired and wanted to go to bed but the handles screamed out at me. I was dancin’ with happiness at the result of the handles but it occurred to me I had seen these pots before and they were European.  Yes, they reminded me of the Greek amphora’s of the 5th and 6th centuries. Aren't they a beautiful form?  What I like about the Korean moon jar vase is the shorter neck. So I think these vases of mine are a Korean who married a Greek and moved to North America and lived happily ever after.  No, they didn't open a restaurant serving sovalaki and kimchi. They opened a pottery. Everyone likes a happy ending.  Can you handle that?


Comments

Unknown said…
Nice! Mr. T.....you make it your own! Go man!
Unknown said…
Nice! Mr. T.....you make it your own! Go man!

Popular Posts