Howlin at the moon


Last night I couldn’t sleep with all the stuff that is racing around in my one last remaining brain cell. I got up and threw two pieces for my 32 lb moon jar. I’m getting a fuller moon using the sectional technique that I have used and known for almost 30 years. Hey, if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it. The only chuck I had handy for trimming was a five gallon round pail half full of glaze so that worked just fine. I put two handles on and thought hey if two looks good then four will look even better. I do love the look of pots when they are wet and especially that thick slip when it oozes out around the handle. The hills and valleys of the moon will be the perfect landing place for falling wood ash.   big moon jars and fill a giant anagama and fire for a week. I guess I’ll have to wait for my next life for that luxury. I need to make some cups to keep the wolves from howlin’ at the moon. This post looks like an ad for Skutt.  I do love my Tommy Stuart's.




Comments

Unknown said…
Those handles are knock-your-socks-off gorgeous!

Popular Posts