Act your age

Act your age not your shoe size. Sorry mum but it seems I hang out with a bunch less than half my age. We don't talk about the meds we're on, or our ailments associated with old age. Trouble is I still think I'm half my age. Oh, there are signs I ain't what I used to be. No more carrying two boxes of clay, no more firing a wood kiln solo, no more mixing and pugging a ton of clay in a day, no more 16 hour days in the workshop. It's not that I have gotten smarter but the truth is I've gotten older.
My clay kids came over for supper last night. The flowers are the class act of my former student, friend and contemporary Emma Smith. The beautiful bouquet on the table fills my heart and home. I love flowers. Then this afternoon when I was cleaning up the array of cups that we used last night for  beer, wine, bourbon, and espresso I found another of Emma's little bouquets in another former student Cassara Kennedy's slip cast Art Nouveau vase. Such a sweet arrangement that had me thinking of Cassara. She is not making these days and I wondered if she ever misses this group of renegades. I sure would! I can't believe how lucky I am to have young friends that love to come to The Cactus Lounge, eat, drink, laugh, dream and hang out with the 68 year old me.
Emma keep spreading your love with thoughtfulness,  flowers and beauty.
Andrew was here to help me over ride the computer on my Geil kiln. Computers and me aren't good friends. Thanks Andrew for your always being there. You know I love ya!
Jesse Black- my main man for creating what I dream up. You rock, dude.
Kaity Damn Yankee from New Jersey welcome to the family.
Love y'all!
Andrew falls asleep at supper.
Andrew is improved by a Cary Hulin bowl face cover.
Emma Smith flower arrangement in a Harlan House wood fired porcelain vase. 

Tiny bouquet in Cassara Kennedy vase beside a Richard Batterham butter dish.



Comments

JLK Jewelry said…
A b=nice tribute to those you care about.
gz said…
Friends should be of all ages. You have a great clay family
Anonymous said…
It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.

Pablo Picasso
Anonymous said…
Chosen family, logical family, or clay family, when you find the right people it's the best.

O.H.
Anonymous said…
http://future-lives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/FaggotsAndFriends.pdf

FP
Anonymous said…
Simply fifty and fabulous!
Anonymous said…
But you missed your chance to be rated?

https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/

lol
Anonymous said…
Small intimate groups are always the best, share the love.

Popular Posts