Up close and personal

 A big shout to my friends Emma Smith and Duncan Aird for placing my jugs up front and personal in the firing of the Queen Anne kiln. Thanks to you both for shielding my delicate feet from the impending ash avalanche they get with this kiln due to design and length of firing.
I wanted a nasty jug to be included in the Ronnie the Rat 85th Birthday show at Schaller Gallery in November. The Champ produces beautiful pots but not nasty pots and that seems to suit me best. Thanks Emma and Duncan for such a place of royalty in the kiln and your caring about the old dude.
I really miss my train kiln. I think the train produced the best pots I ever made. There was the nasty up front, the tame in the middle and the salted at the back. 3 kilns in one plus the pots I side stoked on in the back of the kiln. Am I getting too old to think about building a train again? Is it a fearful fantasy of an ole fool or an authentic and accurate intuition that there are many more miles left
Double handled jugs sheltered by Duncan Aird jugs, Emma Smith bowls and I see a Damn Yankee jug in the back.
on this old bod of mine? A big shout out to the young friends I hang with that are carrying the torch and making me not only look good but feel proud of their accomplishments. Give that kiln hell kids as only you can do! Bon feu!!! Hugs, T

Comments

JLK Jewelry said…
Authentic and accurate, me thinks!
gz said…
Definitely, there's still fire in you!
smartcat said…
Carry on! Stoke the ashes and get the fires roaring!
Dan Feibig said…
Tony: "fearful fantasys" are just things left un-done, that need to be accomplished! Just do it. Who cares if it takes longer than it would have w0 years ago? 👍
Anonymous said…
Why just settle for one, when you could have two?
Get students to build it at TC's school of kiln building and design?
Anonymous said…
You're too young to let the train pass you by.

OW
Anonymous said…
When's the kiln raising? yee hah!

lulu

Popular Posts