Stubborn- who me?

We as potters think we live physical lives lifting clay, materials, pots, kiln shelves, chopping wood etc,etc. I think for the most part we sit on our duffs. A couple of years ago I got concerned about my BMI and started walking /running. I had a cheap pair of running shoes and really screwed up my arch. So determined this year to get into shape I got a good pair of shoes on sale. With that had to come all the paraphernalia to dress in.  I have been doing the rail trail that follows the Niagara Escarpment and it is usually a friendly place with lots of people walking their dogs, joggers, cyclists,  and people with ski poles and no skis.

Today there was not a soul to be seen but little ole me. WHY? It was 40 degrees below freezing wind chill. I had layered all the paraphernalia ( 4 layers on top, 3 layers on the bottom, my hoodie pulled over my head but my dang gloves let me down. When I got back to my car I couldn't even move my hands to get the keys out of my jacket. Then I dropped the keys in the snow and fumbled to get them to open the door and start the car. Finally at home I couldn't undo my pants. I would hate to think of what real frost bite feels like. Stay warm out there and stay healthy.

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
You folks just love summer in Ontario.The other 11 months it's just bitch bitch bitch.

Popular Posts