I'm being tortured!!!

For the sake of art I have to endure all this healthy cooking. Lunch each day at La Meridiana is a five course meal. It starts with fresh bread that I have to dip in olive oil and salt. Butter, butter where's the butter? I then pour a glass of this red water called Chianti. Usually there is a hot soup but today it was gnocchi in a kale sauce, then came the poached fish in another green sauce ( way too healthy) and oven baked tomatoes.  Of course with every meal comes a green salad that I have to smother once again in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The secret to the Mediterranean diet- salt, fat, acid and heat. Mostly though I eat a heckava lot of green stuff.  Dessert today was fresh raspberries in yogurt and washed down with an espresso. When are the burgers and fries going to be on the menu? Probably at the airport on my way home to Canada in April.
Somebody call the Canadian Embassy this torture is going to get me all healthy. Art, I have given my entire life to you. I have subsidized you, loved you, let you hurt me"


and this is the way you treat me.  "Gratitude is the wine of the soul. Go on. Get drunk!- Rumi

Comments

Anonymous said…
Life's a real bitch, ain't it!
Anonymous said…
You're gonna miss Bacon festival in Des Moines, IOWA!
smartcat said…
My heart bleeds for ya! 🤭

Popular Posts