Got my mojo workin'

got my mojo workin' but it just don't work on you. Kinda fitting this is a lyric from Muddy Waters. Andrew is a muddy waters man. The more dirty and nasty the clay the more he likes it. These are pots by my former student, friend and prodical son Mr. K (Andrew Kellner). When I saw these images on Instagram I was blown away. Is this rah, rah, rah or raw, raw, raw? I phoned Mr. K to tell him how much I loved this work. Like me Mr. K doesn't like to be told he is sliding backwards. A woman had told him at 260 Fingers she liked his work of last year better than this years. Being a really finely tuned diplomat he said "then wtf didn't you buy them then?" I actually think she did him a favour. It put him in a bad mood and these pots are the result. Mr. K told me if they don't like them so be it!
He ain't going to get into any Guild sale with these pots. His life partner Victoria has just upped their liability insurance in case of incisions or severed arteries. His mojo ain't going to be working on the majority of people but it sure is workin' on me. This is some of the best work I've seen a long while. It made me want to make marks again. I've been in a bit of a valley and I can't have a former student kicking my butt. Thanks Mr.K I was there for you now thanks for being there for me.

Comments

Stephen Corner said…
ya awesomeness
Anonymous said…
royal icing, deep and delicious!

squid.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
When's the vaccination party?

yabba dabba do!
Anonymous said…
My work is a contemporary call to arms. It is time to get our mojo back. To rediscover our true north in 2021 and beyond.

kw
Anonymous said…
Your work should never be treated lightly, it should be thrown hard.

dp
Anonymous said…
The very first thing each of us makes in life is our poop and we don't even have to think to do it because it just happens, keep on making it.
Anonymous said…
The red parrot on our left shoulder speaks with our parents' voice and, among other things, whispers in our ear, "It's all well and good this artsy-fartsy stuff, but it won't end well. You need to be doing something nice and sensible. "

The green parrot that sits on your right shoulder constantly squawks things like, "You'll never be good enough, you know. Look at what he's doing, it's so much better than any load of old garbage you might come up with."

We first need to quiet the two parrots that sit on our shoulders, cut off a couple of lengths of duct tape, and wrap them tightly around the parrots' beaks.

N.B.
Anonymous said…
Yet for better or for worse we love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them.

JT
Anonymous said…
“The idea of divine inspiration and an aha moment is largely a fantasy. Anything of value comes from hard work and unwavering dedication. If you want to be a good artist you need to look at other artists, make a lot of crappy art, and just keep working.” — Sydney Pink

Popular Posts