Paradise lost, Paradise found

I've been looking forward to teaching at Fogo Island Clay Studio for what seems like an eternity. Last year due to COVID my career went to the car wash. I was supposed to teach for 3 weeks at Fogo Island Clay. NFLD is the only province in Canada I have never been. The promise of seeing the historical digs of my ancestors the Vikings, bar hopping on George St. St. John's, seeing icebergs, whales, seals, moose and all the amazing colourful houses placed on The Rock. Oh did I mention eating fresh seafood daily? They say you don't go to NFLD for the weather. You go there for the people. Newfoundlanders are well known to be among the friendliest people on the face of the earth. If you live on a rock with a very harsh winter climate you had better develop a sense of humour. Moving forward I am booked to teach a one week potter's residency course August 15-21. I'm remaining positive this is going to happen. https://fogoclaystudio.ca/pages/1-week-pottery-retreats Sarah Fulford owner of the studio is promising a full refund if this nightmare continues. What a beautiful place to recover from what has been a hellava year. There are bikes, kayaks, walking trails and of course the sights and smells of the sea. I was born a prairie boy with feet planted firmly in the soil. The ocean is something I want to experience. I can't think of a better introduction.
The town of Fogo Harbour
The outside of the studio. Picture my bike in front.
The house and studio.
Lunch on the deck. I can smell the ocean.
Brimstone Head- How can that view not inspire your work?????

Comments

Sarah Fulford said…
Thank you Tony for this lovely post.

Thought you might like to know that 2 people have signed up for your workshop already!!
Anonymous said…
What a great way to experience an area, teach, make $ and go explore. A retirees dream. Especially with that someone special, what a life adventure!
Anonymous said…
Where will you set up the Fogo Cactus Lounge?
Anonymous said…
Fresh air will do you good. You look like you have aged a bit. Go do yoga and breath back your younger nature.
Anonymous said…
Enjoy the Newfoundland Screech.
Anonymous said…
When you first get to Newfoundland, you're warned to sleep on your side, because if you slept on your back the Old Hag would get you.

mystic mj
Tony Clennell said…
Aged a bit! Heck I'm older after just finishing this sentence. TC
Anonymous said…
In need of a stairlift yet?

Popular Posts