Just show up and do your worst!

Have you made anything that mattered during Covid? Who and what comforted you? Which moments will you remember? What's on your to do list as "normal" comes into focus? These are a few of the questions I am sure are on the mind of Cyndi Casemeer Johnson of C2C Gallery in Michigan for a Zoom hour long talk on Wednesday March 17th at 12 noon EST. It's free so email Cyndi at
C2Cgallery@gmail.com to register. I once had a professor James Miller at University of Western Ontario that said something I have always remembered. If Tony Clennell says something brilliant people will say man that Tony Clennell is a bright guy. If Tony Clennell says something really dumb people will say that Tony Clennell is a dumb guy. If Tony Clennell says nothing at all they will all say Tony Who???? Cyndi has no Tony in this race. I don't sell at C2C. We have been teacher, student and friends and she knows that I will say something brilliant or dumb is yet to be decided. I will show up and do my very worst. The past 42 years as a maker have provided me with a huge stable of friends in the mud bizz. I do my best to keep in touch with them and almost all are spinning their wheels and fighting off the WTF's. I care about all those creative minds in quarantine. The weather is getting nice, the sun is shining, and the studio is waiting for us all to just show up and do our very worst. That way they'll remember us. Not fade away!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just Show Up!

Sometimes your leap-of-faith will be a mere hop over a crack. Other times it’ll be a daredevil Evil Knevel dive across the Grand Canyon. That’s why it’s called a leap of faith.

So take the leap. The worst that can happen is you’ll plunge to your metaphorical death, and plunging to your metaphorical death isn’t really all that bad. Trust me, I’ve done it many times. In fact, when I do, I always seem to come up with a way to survive. But only once I’m there.

So just show up!

mitch t.
Tony Clennell said…
Mitch: I just love what you just wrote above. I have often told students they are tip toeing to the edge of the cliff and it is 11 miles away. T
Anonymous said…
Folks claim Lindsey Graham has dyed his hair. The new color is:
A) Confederate Champagne
B) Bunker Blonde
C) Strawberry Sycophant
D) Dusty Orange Parfait
E) Aging Republican Ash
F) Beige Accent Wall
G) Lonely Vanilla
H) Mar-a-Lago Sunrise
I) Grandma's Teeth
J) Frightened Mouse
Anonymous said…
There is no creativity without play.
When you learn to play, you learn the essence of your future craft.

Nick b.

Popular Posts