Place

How does place reference your artwork? When in Fogo I used the clam shell for a lot of my pieces. It felt comfortable and seemed to work. I'm home in the flatlands of Ontario. What reference should I use- tobacco, soya, cornfields or winter wheat? Today I walked by a local bakery and was reminded of my residency at Starworks with Dan Finnegan and Christina. Dan had tea time every day at 4pm and invited all in the factory. It was a wonderful gesture of being together, friendship and I almost developed a taste for tea. Thankfully there was chocolate and occassional baking by Dan or Christina. Christina made these killer lemon desserts (Julienne I think) that made Dan's tea easier to swallow. I like a platform from which to sping my teapot handle so I pulled out a Julienne mould I bought from a junk store in Biscoe, NC. I sprayed it with vegetable oil and pressed clay into the mould. In the morning I'll spring the handles. I fall in love with every place I visit. There are so many beautiful places in this world and I could live in all so many of them.Please people look after this planet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you tried Earl Grey Tea, next time skip the coffee and ask for a London Fog.

Tea Lover Anonymous.
Tony Clennell said…
A Madeleine not a Julienne. Thanks Vera and Charles T
Anonymous said…
What does an iconic southern Ontario pot look like?
What are the influences that bring about its final look?

Sounds like a design challenge competition.
Anonymous said…
Take inspiration from anyone, from anywhere you can find it!
That's inspiration, being influence by, I hate that statement "Steal like an artist."
It has to have some originality or a little piece of you the creator in it.

Popular Posts